Note to Self: Don’t do more than four videos in succession unless absolutely necessary.
Listening to Judas Priest and trying to recover from a marathon video session done in preparation for launch of app 28 years in the making.
Though I have decades of speaking in front of audiences, when it comes to shooting video, I’m camera shy.
I have to grab the opportunity when the mood strikes.
As I listen to Turbo Lover I consider today’s highlights
- Distracted by single frizzy curl while looking in bathroom mirror practicing lines
- Distracted by toothpaste spatter on bathroom mirror while practicing lines
- Stop practicing lines to gather supplies to clean mirror
- Fiddle with hair comb then abandon deciding I can’t worry about single frizzy curl
- Watch a glass knocked with paper towel roll to floor and break
- Slip and fall on wet bathroom floor while cleaning broken glass
- Acknowledge – begrudgingly –I tweaked my back when I fell
- Set everything aside making note to vacuum floor of stray glass shards before walking barefoot across it and return to practicing lines
- Make note to get bathmats to deal with wet tile
- Go through trauma of setting up video in room where furniture was changed around for someone’s video project earlier in the week
- Try to pretend I’m not distracted by the furniture rearrangement
- Distracted by fading afternoon light
- Distracted by lower back pain compliments of slipping on bathroom floor
- Vow to never clean broken glass again (grin)
- Worry about stray frizzy curl and go to nearby bathroom to check – repeatedly
- Remind self that even “the greats” go through chaos as evidenced by Neil Young’s Mountaintop.
- Distracted by fact my script has no easy segue between paragraphs leading to repeated takes
- Vow to never do this to myself again then remember I’ve made same vow before
- Pretend stray curl isn’t making my eyebrow itch
- Pretend my nose doesn’t itch
- Pretend back isn’t bothering me as I continue video shoot
- Decide to reward myself for successfully finishing six successive videos
- Do long lower back stretch and promise myself that after celebration dinner and dessert it will all be better
- Realize I lied to myself about the stretch fixing the back and decide what I need is… Heavy Metal Music!
- Start blog – blow it away because it sounds stupid
- Restart blog while blasting Judas Priest and Ozzy Osbourne
- Realize my back feels better
- Thank Aaron for reminding me name of Neil movie we saw and for link so readers will know what I’m talking about
- Smile as I smell special dinner Aaron is making to help me celebrate
- Put Arnica Montana gel on back
- Celebrate that App launch is imminent